(Contact: Thomas J. Dargan Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Transportation Law Group at Lewis Johs represents transportation companies and businesses that provide high-risk rail, marine, highway, and air cargo freight shipping services. These companies often face significant health and safety risks, regulatory and legislative restrictions, and specialty coverage issues. Our attorneys carefully track case law and regulations of greatest importance to the transportation and trucking industry. This ongoing research, combined with progressive risk and defense capabilities and decades of proven litigation experience, allows Lewis Johs to provide transportation industry clients and their insurers with expert legal guidance and representation.
Direct Representation of Transportation Companies
The clients of Lewis Johs’ Transportation Law Group include long-haul trucking companies, school bus companies, carting companies, beverage distribution companies, fuel delivery companies, as well as commercial transportation businesses and freight companies. Our services include:
Insurance Carrier Representation
- Contract negotiation & preparation
- Trucking accident investigations, particularly during the critical early hours of investigation. We maintain a database of expert witnesses in areas of accident reconstruction, biomechanical engineering, and forensic specialties.
- Risk management counseling
- Insurance coverage issues
- Environmental claims
- Settlement and litigation avoidance to bring positive, out-of-court resolutions to our clients' transportation law disputes when possible.
- Skilled litigation in the areas of specialty coverage, long-haul trucking, carting, school bus liability, and school district liability as they pertain to freight-civic industries.
- Regulatory compliance and licensing with agencies such as the National Transportation Safety Board, the United States Department of Transportation and local municipalities.
- Educational seminars for specialty insurers, employees and management on a host of critical issues, including accident investigation, catastrophic loss response protocol, and employment-related issues facing the trucking and transportation industries.
In addition to acting as northeast regional counsel to the Catastrophic Loss Response Team of a major insurer, our nationally recognized legal team counsels commercial specialty units of several insurance carriers on matters including:
- First- and third-party claims
- Personal injury and accident claims
- Regulatory compliance issues
- Environmental concerns
- Long-haul trucking claims
- Cargo, security damage and products/manufacturing claims
Transportation and trucking industry clients can draw on the experience of our full- service legal team in three locations throughout the metropolitan New York and Long Island region. For a complimentary consultation on how we can help you manage the day-to-day risks of your business, contact Thomas J. Dargan or Jeffrey M. Pincus at 631-755-0101.